Here's the news for August 12!
- This Sunday (August 16) we'll have two services: one down at J. W. Wells State Park for our happy campers, and one at Carney Free Church. It will be great to worship together with our church family in BOTH places!
- Our service at Carney Free Church this Sunday will be outside in the front parking lot (facing US-41). Masks will not be required so long as we are outside and appropriately distanced. If you would like to worship along with us from your car, please take one of the parking spaces in the front parking lot; if you will be sitting in a chair, please park in the rear of the church (the Ray Street parking lot). Also, we could use some help setting up seating, sound equipment, and traffic cones at 9:00 on Sunday morning: would you be willing to lend some muscles to help?
- Take some time to consider what it would look like for you to join a small group in our church this fall. Who would you be glad to meet with? What would you like to read, study, and grow in with others? In our commitment to make fervent and obedient disciples for Jesus Christ, cultivating spiritual growth in all believers is essential. Are you willing and ready to grow in Christ with a small group in your church?
- We're looking for nominations for Elder for 2021: who's on your list? When you have someone in mind who you think ought to consider being an elder, call him, tell him so, and encourage him by telling him why. If he's willing to consider it, please contact Pastor Kit or one of the current Elders (Tim Johnson, Troy Meissner, Jamie Strietzel, Ed Anderson, or Brad Moreau) so that we can move ahead with Elder Training as necessary and the Elder selection process.
- Speaking of Elder Training, Pastor Kit is (slowly) making headway on bringing our Elder Training to video. This means that not only Elder candidates but any member of our church can take the time to learn the two key pictures that describe an Elder, how elder leadership works in our church, why we believe the position is for men, and what the Bible calls an Elder's character to be. We'll let you know when the training becomes available!
God be with you, Carney Free family! Lord willing, we'll see you Sunday––outside at the church or in the pavilion at Wells Park!