I hope you're all doing well this Wednesday! And I'm excited to share our weekly church update with you today because …
- For starters, last Sunday was amazing! God blessed our first outside service at the church with beautiful weather--and with an even more beautiful congregation. While we've had 50-some people joining us for our services inside for the last couple months, we had 83 people with us for our Sunday morning worship service this last Sunday! And that's not counting the 29 people worshiping the Lord together from our church at Wells Park, too! While we know there are those who need to stay home during this time for their own safety, and there are others who were out of town and unavailable this last Sunday too, many of our hearts were so refreshed to get to worship the Lord as a fuller body of Christ this last week. Praise God!!
- Speaking of Sundays, this next Sunday morning will be our last missionary Sunday for a while––so make sure to get here for it! Jim Panaggio has a teaching ministry headquartered in Peru, and he travels across Central and South America to train up pastors and build up Christians in the faith. We will be so blessed to have him with us this Sunday! And don't miss out on joining us at 9:00, before the service begins, to learn more about his ministry specifically and have some Q&A time with Jim.
- On Monday, August 24, the Red Cross will be setting up here at the church for a blood drive. If you're able to give, there's an increased need right now, not only because of the summertime but especially because of the various effects COVID has had on regular blood donors. Thanks for considering giving blood at this time.
- A week from Sunday, on the 30th, we'll have Fireside Fellowship at a new location! Mike Lynch is hosting: he lives just west of Carney on G-18. We hope you'll join us there at 6:30pm with a lawn chair and a snack to share as we sing together, hear testimonies, and pray with one another.
- Have you reached out to a potential Elder yet? Please be sure to do so and let him/them know that you think they should consider it. We are blessed by the Spirit's work in many men in our church who meet the qualifications for Elder according to 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1. If you have someone in mind, please talk to him about it, encourage him to consider it, and if he's willing, recommend him to the Elders.
- Lastly, I'm starting a book reading series on Facebook live with the classic biography, The Hiding Place, by Corrie Ten Boom. Corrie and her sister Betsie were sent to a concentration camp for helping the Jews; they endured the camp as they trusted in Jesus Christ. I hope you will be inspired and encouraged to fervent and obedient discipleship by her example!