Our staff at Carney Free thank God for the opportunity to commit our time to serving the Lord in our church family and in our community. Don't hesitate to reach out to any of us!
Pastor Kit joined Carney Free in March 2017. He graduated from Moody Bible Institute in 2006 and from Dallas Theological Seminary in 2013. Pastor Kit enjoys learning languages, reading books, playing guitar and drums, and playing with his kids. He and his wife Brooke have been married since 2009 and have three children.
Our pastor gladly serves the spiritual needs of our congregation and our community by performing marriages, funerals, making hospital visits and offering Biblical counsel to our church and community families.
Lana has served as our Office Manager at Carney Free Church since 2005. She's a native of the UP and has attended Carney Free for 30 years! Lana enjoys hiking and being in the great outdoors, as well as attending plays and musicals. She has three children and one grandchild.
- 1885 – Suzanna Moseson begins leading a small group of Swedish immigrants to study the Bible
- 1886 – First church built for the Carney Swedish Methodist Episcopal Church
- 1892 – Built a larger church building on Lindstroms' Hill east of Carney
- 1948 – Feb 15: Fire destroys the church building
- 1948 – Mar 25: Church reorganizes as Carney Bible Church
- 1948 – May 9: New church building erected
- 1950 – July 23: Carney Bible Church votes to affiliate with newly-formed Evangelical Free Church of America
- 1986 – Carney Free jumps in with community to help after tornado destroys area just north of Nadeau
- 2002 – Church remodeled and built larger sanctuary
We are eager to help you find your place in our family at Carney Free. Please give us a call or send us an email with questions you have about connecting with our church family! We look forward to hearing from you!